Friday, November 27, 2009

Revisiting the road….Lessons from roaming the streets!



The other day irritated at the present love of my life (alas it is not a human!!) being so out of my reach, I decided to hit the road again…Watching the grey matter swirl past I looked up to see the familiar path of unending greyness…
Zooming through I saw it…My way in life was not different…I always know where a particular course of action will take me…What will I attain when I do it. The same way when I set forth on the road I know where the road will take me too.

If I fail in life I calmly say that the road ahead is too bumpy and that may be I am not meant for it or rather now that I’ve matured I’ve decided to change my destination. As I moved from telankhadi to the graveyard(just driving by!!) I realised the road was the same everywhere…may be a bump here or there was different but essentially it was the same…No matter how I drove the road would still be tough if I fell down and changed course it would still be the same…It would not show me any mercy just because I had driven successfully this far or because I had just suffered a fall few days ago…It all came down to how I drove on the road…And then I realised the similarity…when I fail in life and change course or whatever it’s the same and the only reason ‘ve not figured the solutions is because I have been just trying to solve a maths equation using the principals of English!

Zooming through I saw a group of my ex-friends celebrating….It struck me odd that some time ago I was there and now I wasn’t…suddenly a hotshot skidded in front of me and I just managed to hang on..the road had spoken again…in life you need everything in balance…u loose sight of something once..be hard to get your hands on it again…
Zooming through walkers zone I saw a sweet couple laughing and enjoying their evening probably having bunked their tuitions! As I zoomed through cursing my morals and decisions that had led me to zooming all alone in this pleasant weather…I saw an old couple sitting and enjoying a hearty laugh… and even further ahead saw a father taking his daughter to the park…seeing this I thought may be happiness is ageless and is related more to the people than relationships or vice-versa?

Zooming along I saw a couple of kids racing there bikes and for a second I was transported back to my childhood when I used to race…how much life had changed? To be honest it hadn’t I was still racing only now I couldn’t face losses…back then after a loss I would just be eager to hit the track again…the joy of racing was lost!

Checking my watch I figured that it was time for me to head back home…pondering over these things I headed back home and as I parked my bike I figured no matter what the race was for and who won at the end of it everyone heads back home for we can stay without the wins and losses but what if there was no home or love!?

(Forgive the grammar my word-07 is giving problems!!)

5 comments:

  1. Maybe that's what one calls "The Circle Of Life". You started this blog with the description of a road's subtle role and now it is back, playing the same role again, this time though its role is clearly defined- It is a companion which tries to make up for the absense of a gorgeous pillion rider with you :D

    Anyhow, u rightly pointed out that it is not the road that is the tough taskmaster causing your fall, it's eventually you who call for it. We all want way too much way too fast and that is bound to result in casualities. Not that it is an issue to be complained about, if the destination is accomplished, but if one doesn't accomplish that- we always have a shortcut or a backup plan to put up as its euphemism. This option is full of excuses of how the toad and the fellow riders caused our ouster, but we forget the fact that it was us who never carried the helmet along!!!!

    Ur ramblings posted as these motorcycle diaries certainly are a rush of thoughts that came as your jouney progressed. The metaphor of "Maths questions with principles of English" and the reality of losing the charm of a race stood out for me as the cornerstones of this writeup.

    The flamboyance in the writing persists that presents the thoughts as and how they are without any winnowing to adorn it for more readership or sounding politically correct. I guess that is the USP. So well done again boss, the road again brought a buzz and traffic on the blog :)

    Just another thing that m sure eventually it is home that we all have to return to, but even home's reception varies with a loss or a defeat. So why not win and go for hi-fives instead of consolations.

    Cheers Boss... keep up the writing. I hope the next post on the road would be from a different and a more desired location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you are really quite inspired by the journey by roads. It helps to perceive life in different way. Not only roads but there are different things which helps in understanding the true meaning of life and motivates us to never give up,like road life is indispensable. If you learn to live then you have learnt the true meaning of what life is?
    well, next time i would like to see you writing on subject related to Psychology.
    otherwise nice concept,good article , keep it up.
    Manasi C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best writeups i hav ever gone thru...very inspiring to me personally!
    Yu're quite rite here about us not being ready to accept failures.Today, we're so much obssessed wid achieving wot we want dat we most of the tyms tend to loose our morale.
    One of the best lessons learn't frm yur blog...
    luking forward to read more f yur interesting compilations...kp the pen scrolling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...we always have something against each other when we are annotating each other's posts, but other than all the malice and comeuppance against you and your work, I must change my oculus to say that this post has a lot of profundity. Austere, yet consummate. I particularly liked the portion where you use the metaphorical English and Math to delineate small but highly meaningful things in life. Starting your jaunt by spelunking love, emotion, desperation, frustration and nostalgia got me wondering, "Wow!". I even liked the predilection for bikes (which has always been there since I have known you)...it's something disparate when the exploration is on two wheels than four.

    A great read. Helped me clear my mind after studying the whole day! (Although, I also had a peripatetic journey a litle while ago which added to the refection!) Cheers to the Maverick!

    ReplyDelete